To maintain and improve cardiac endurance and lung volumes and capacities through the divine technique like chest physiotherapy.
To teach student different assessment and treatment skills to encourage them to learn evidence-based medicine. To empower the student to handle emergency situations and help learn CPR skills.
To tackle restrictive and obstructive lung disease through newer methods and recent research.
To find out the respiratory problems in occupational disease and role of physiotherapy in industrial health.
To improve endurance through aerobic and anaerobic conditioning.
To mobilize secretion and to improve respiratory tract health through different types of breathing exercises, percussion and vibration techniques of physiotherapy.
Following conditions are treated here COPD, Bronchiectasis etc
- Pulmonary Koch’s Disease
- Pleural Effusion
- Patients on Mechanical Ventilator in ICU
- Post-cardiac surgery (CABG, Valve replacement etc)
- Radical Mastectomy
The work of the Cardiovascular Respiratory physiotherapy team is mainly focused on:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Function Testing and Training
- Exercise testing and Prescription
- Aerobic Training
- Use of Respiratory aids like Flutter, Incentive Spirometer
- Postural Drainage, Nebulisation and Suctioning
- ICU Rehabilitation
- Burns Management
- Amputation Management